£28 – £32k
Out of Place are looking for an experienced creative developer to join our growing agency. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver with experience delivering a wide range of digital projects in an agency environment.
We are seeking a WordPress Developer who will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins. You will be a team player with a solutions-based approach and a passion for research. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the entire web development process, including wireframing, site design, site development, and deployment.
About Out of Place
Out of Place Studio is a Bradford-based agency specialising in delivering outstanding brands, websites and digital design for destination brands and the cultural sector. We are a small team of four, each with our own specialism and a wide range of collective skills and experience. We work with a fantastic mix of clients from small, local arts groups and events to nationally recognised charities and cultural organisations.
Role and responsibilities:
- Working closely with our design team to deliver a range of development projects from start to finish.
- Development of effective mobile first code for apps, websites, microsites and other digital experience implementations.
- Bring creative solutions to assist with the development of proposals and tender responses for upcoming opportunities
- Assist with the day to day maintenance and ongoing improvements on client websites
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- 3+ years’ experience with WordPress and web development, including multi-site setups
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Experience of PHP and its use with WordPress
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes from Adobe XD into working websites
- Experience of performance optimisation for WordPress
- A high degree of creative problem solving
What can we offer you?
- Growing company; you’re joining us at the beginning of our journey with an opportunity to be a big part of our future
- Great working conditions with a relaxed and fun atmosphere
- City centre location
- Option to work at home, in our office or use coworking facilities
- Training and development budget
- Flexible working hours
Please send a cv and portfolio of your work to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Monday 1st November.