Full-time (part-time/flexible hours available)
Salary £30-£40k PA dependent on experience
Out of Place are looking for a WordPress Developer to join our growing agency. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver with an extensive background developing WordPress websites from static designs, including custom theme and plugin development.
- Develop, customise, and maintain WordPress websites, ensuring high performance, security, and responsiveness.
- Collaborate with the design team to implement, refine and deliver web development projects with varying features and functionalities.
- Bring creative solutions to assist with the development of proposals and tender responses for upcoming opportunities.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies to propose innovative solutions.
- Assist with day-to-day maintenance and ongoing improvements on client websites.
- Conduct thorough testing of websites to identify and resolve issues before deployment.
- Work together with our existing development team, providing guidance, knowledge and support.
- Work closely with project managers and stakeholders to understand project requirements and timelines.
- Researching, suggesting and implementing improvements to your website-building process.
- 5+ years’ experience with WordPress and web development.
- Extensive experience with WordPress, including theme and plugin development.
- Solid understanding of front-end technologies, including responsive design and cross-browser compatibility.
- Familiarity with website performance optimization, security best practices, and SEO principles.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git.
- Previous experience leading and mentoring a development team is a plus.
- Familiarity with no-code solutions
About Out of Place
Out of Place Studio is a Bradford-based agency specialising in brand, websites and digital design. We are a team of five, each with our own specialism and a wide range of collective skills and experience. We work with a fantastic mix of clients, including charities, healthcare providers and cultural organisations. It is essential that the candidate shares our passion and integrity for the work we do and the people we work with.
What can we offer you?
- Hybrid working with flexible working hours
- Studio based in a social, creative co-working hub
- Training and development budget
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays + time off Xmas (pro-rata)
- Growing company; you’re joining us at the beginning of our journey with an opportunity to be a big part of our future
How to apply
Please send us your CV and a portfolio (either links or PDF) to email@example.com. Please use ‘ ‘Senior WordPress Developer’’ in the subject of your message. As well as your work, we’d like to know a bit about yourself, where you are based and why you’d like to work with us.