(16-24 hours/week flexible hours)
£30k – £37k pro-rata
You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, responsible for researching, planning, and implementing solutions to client briefs. As well as suggesting and implementing improvements to our website building process. You will work directly with our clients, attending meetings and communicating ideas, processes and solutions in a clear manner.
It is essential that the candidate shares our passion and integrity for the work we do and the people we work with.
About Out of Place
Out of Place Studio is a Bradford-based agency specialising in brand, websites and digital design. We are a small team of four, each with our own specialism and a wide range of collective skills and experience. We work with a fantastic mix of clients, including charities, healthcare providers and cultural organisations.
Role and responsibilities:
- Working closely with our design team to deliver a range of web development projects.
- Development of effective mobile first code for websites, microsites and other digital experience implementations.
- Bring creative solutions to assist with the development of proposals and tender responses for upcoming opportunities.
- Assist with the day to day maintenance and ongoing improvements on client websites.
- Working remotely you may be expected to commute to our studio on occasion. (No more than 1-2 times per month)
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- 2+ years’ experience with WordPress and web development, including multi-site setups
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Experience of PHP and its use with WordPress
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes from Adobe XD into working websites
- Experience of performance optimisation for WordPress
- A high degree of creative problem solving
- Experience, or familiarity in no code solutions
What can we offer you?
- Remote working with flexible working hours
- Option to work at home, in our office or use coworking facilities
- Studio based in a social, creative hub
- Training and development budget
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday + bank hols + time off Xmas (pro-rata)
- You will be free to work on your own projects
- Growing company; you’re joining us at the beginning of our journey with an opportunity to be a big part of our future
How to apply
Please send us your portfolio (either links or PDF) to email@example.com. Please use ‘Web Developer’ in the subject of your message. As well as your work, we’d like to know a bit about yourself, where you are based and why you’d like to work with us.